As I have mentioned before I am not an artist. Yet, we've all read the studies, and we know that, especially with students who are newer to English, there is a need to use visuals when teaching.
I've recently been using an app called PenSoul to create amazing graphics I can use in my class.
Since I got a little excited about how easy it is to use, I made a short list of other ways to use the app.
- Have students create their own book covers for a novel
- Have students create a WANTED poster for a character in the story
- Be sure they include traits in addition to their picture
- Let students use the app to create a fake Instagram picture or Tweet of a character
- Encourage students to create art that they feel a character would have made.
- Make a menu that the characters would have enjoyed (include pictures of the food!)