I’ve decided I am going to try and get in the habit of reviewing a kindle read at least once a week.
To start I should admit that I am a free reading junkie.
I have always been a voracious reader, but about a year ago I cancelled my home internet service. This meant no more blogging, Facebook or Engrade while I was at home.
My choices were: grading papers, playing with my cat, cooking/eating, or watching TV. Sometimes I would try to do something for my appearance (deep conditioner, pore strips, DIY face masks, push-ups) but the truth was in my hot apartment those things weren’t much fun.
|I love my Galaxy!|
Then my school offered teachers the chance to have a tablet. Always down for trying to be more tech savvy I signed up and become the proud user of a new Android Tablet. One of the first apps I downloaded was the kindle app.
Now when I am at home I spend my time reading all of the great freebies I find online and here’s how:
1. If you don’t own a kindle you can still read kindle books.
2. There’s a website I visit almost daily called, http://www.freebooksifter.com/ The title pretty much says it all It sifts through amazon and links you to the free books.
- I normally go to, “added today” and then whatever category I want
- I normally check, “Education” for obvious reasons and “Business” to see if I can use any excerpts for my Business English class.
- Check out the Kindle Free BestSellers
- Again, I normally check out education,
4. When it doubt, buy it
- Books usually are only free for a limited amount of time, but if you buy them when they are free and later their prices rise you still keep it for free. So, “buy now; read later” is often the best policy.
5. REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW
- You are paying NOTHING for these books. They are free! At least have the decency to leave an honest review so others know how you felt.
- NOTE: I try not to leave bad reviews just because sometimes, “wasn’t my style.” Before you leave a review think, “Is this something I would have bought based on the information made available to me? Or did I just grab it because it was free?” If you just grabbed it because it was free then don’t leave a review. If the book actually disappointed you because it was not about what you thought it was about, contained inappropriate (vulgar, spammy) information, or was poorly written then feel free to leave a review to let others know.
So there we go, that’s how I am able to give you all of the reviews that are to come, because most of these books were obtained via the magic of the World Wide Web.