I remember when I was a freshman final exams were petrifying. As I got older they got less scary, but were also intense. I wanted to make my students something that would help them as finals rolled around and hopefully help them de-stress (a bit).
Here you can see a photo of the little "Finals Survival Kits" I made. They cost about $50 to make 80 full bags with a 20 extra that didn't quite have everything (which I'm going to divvy up with a slightly different note to some of the teachers and staff). The note attached states:
As this year comes to an end you have just final exams left! This Finals Survival Kit is from me to you thanking you for a great first year at Mater Dei and wishing you the best.
If I don't teach you again next year, I am still available to help you during lunch, and before or after school. Otherwise, have a GREAT summer and I'll see you next year!
This kit includes:
- A pencil to help you write the right answers
- A grip to keep you holding on when things seem tough
- An eraser for when you make a mistake
- A pencil sharpener to keep you sharp during testing
- A lifesaver for when you need a little extra help
- A sticker to help you stick to it even when things seem hard
- And some chewy candies because I didn't want to add anything else hard to finals week!
Best of luck and know that I believe you can do this!
Things I thought about including, but didn't because I was sure they would just end up in the trash:
A bouncy ball to remind you to keep having fun
A toothpick to help you pick the right answer
A candle for late nights studying (birthday candles work well)
A paperclip to hold everything together
A rubber band so you stay flexible when you want to get stressed
Gum to remind you to stick to it! (Gum is against school rules, so I didn't want to go there)