- figured out I don´t really want to teach preschool ... ever!
- planned my first CLIL unit from start to finish (on Alexander the Great).
- begun planning an entire cirriculumn for creating a yearbook (and it uses Task Based Learning...YAY!).
- planned an entire didactic unit for a preschool level class on the house.
- discovered that all schools are chaos...really...ALL of them!
- had to remember how to teach without technology (oh how I miss Korea somedays).
- learned the importance of differentiating in the classroom.
- reviewed a lot of methodology (and even picked up some new stuff) koosh ball anyone?
- realized I have no problem being the "mean" teacher (and perhaps I should try to be the "nice" teacher someday...or find a balance).
- gotten to delve into linguistics about a Spanish creole language (Papiamento) and present on it in Spanish.
- learned all kinds of fun linguistics terms about Spanish (ceceo, voseo, seseo, leismo, sustrado) wohoo!
- created writing exercises (based on the theme of Spring) for all levels of language (from A1-C2).
- fallen in love with Prezi (and gotten pretty good at it!).
- improved my Spanish (though some of it is random .. like inframundo means underworld)
- finally started uploading things to eslprintables (more to come)
Oh...and moved in with the loveliest ladies
|Amazing roomies! All American girls also studying for their Masters|